Become a part of our team!
Thanks so much for popping by!
Here at Halls Gap Lakeside Tourist Park, one of the highest rated caravan parks in Australia, we are always looking for vibrant, motivated, enthusiastic people to join our team.
The Grampians is truly a magnificent place to live, and since spending time in nature is free of charge, it is the ideal place to earn a pocket full of money. Our business model employs a core of team players supported by backpackers who commit to a minimum of 3 months, who are in general enthusiastic, with a go get attitude and willing to jump in anywhere and everywhere.
If you are looking for a more permanent position in this exciting industry, be it reception, housekeeping or grounds and maintenance, or are one of those backpackers keen to join our housekeeping team, please express your interest below.
We keep you posted on available positions!
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hands-on “all-rounder”, live-in duo, to support management in the day-to-day running of this busy park. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to learn the ins and outs of caravan park operations, but also for the experienced “parkies” who are looking for a new environment! The main thing we are looking for is a go-get attitude, no matter what experience you have!
The job on offer is a combination of front reception, housekeeping, night security, repairs, & maintenance. Suitable applicants must be available to start no later than the end of February.
Skills and mindsets:
- Computer knowledge (experience with Newbook is an advantage but not essential, training will be provided for the right applicants).
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick learner
- General maintenance and repairs skills
- Must be able to work well as part of a team, with a friendly persona
- Have a driver’s license
- Have a go-get attitude, are happy to pitch in wherever and whenever needed, and have the ability to adapt to our business philosophies.
- Willingness to work weekends
- Willingness to cover up to 4-night duties a week
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- This is a position for two people living on-site, starting at 32h/week pp + up to 4-night duty shifts. Night duties include but are not limited to:
- On call from 5.30 pm to 6 am
- Checking in "off the roaders" till 9 pm
- Dealing with any emergencies after hours
- Making sure all doors to staff areas are locked
- Stoking pool fire and camp lounge fireplace
- Closing pool
- Presentation clean of communal areas
- Evening patrol at 11 pm, including making sure campfires are extinguished and guests are quiet.
- General reception duties
- Cleaning of cabins, amenities, bbq’s, and communal areas, maintaining cleanliness to a high standard
- General Grounds & Maintenance tasks, gardening, and pool maintenance.
- Fire drum delivery/pickup and rubbish removal
Benefits and perks
The right applicants will be offered a fair and tailored remuneration package, based on skills and experience & hours worked. The successful applicants will be required to live onsite in a comfortable 3-bedroom fully furnished home. (Sorry no pets.)
How to apply?
Keen? Email a short introduction with resumes and contact number to Pauline at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: DUO JOB OPPORTUNITY
Applications close Wed 8 Feb, unless suitable applicants are found prior.