Pool restrictions during COVID
- Current government restrictions allow us to have 16 people in each pool at the same pool
- Due to the limit of people being able to use the pool at any given momen POOL BOOKINGS ARE COMPULSARY
- All guests are required to complete the pre check-in on their bookings and all family members have to be registered in order to book the pool. Links to the pre-check in will be emailed/texted out 3 days before arrival.
- Visitors to the park are NOT allowed to use the pool
Information about our booking system can be found below.
Please note: Pool restrictions are put in place due to government regulations which we need to follow to be able to operate our park. All guests to our park have been able to swim and in some cases had several swims/pool sessions each day. We do not tolerate verbal abuse of our staff because we are following government guidelines, any questions please reach out and we can respond to your questions in a friendly manner.
WE HAVE CREATED A BOOKING SYSTEM TO HAVE A SWIM
We have created a booking system with half-hour slots. Every guest can book in ONE slot per stay with up to 16 people max. Guests that have only booked with less people can expect other guests to join them up to 16 people.
How to book a spot to have a swim?
If you would love to have a swim during your stay with us you will receive a link to our pool booking system 3 days before arrival. Updates in government restrictions will be up to date in the link you will receive at that time and if rules relax or tighten during your stay a text message will be send out.
Rules and regulations
- You can book in for a half an hour slot with up to 16 people
- Only ONE booking is allowed PER STAY for the same family using the online booking option
Double bookings will result in loss of all bookings.
Additional sessions can be booked if available on the day itself.
- Please let us know how many people will be swimming by writing the amount of people in the booking notes
- Other guests will be allowed to join you up to 16 people maximum at any given time
- This is not a private session in the pool
- sessions start on the hour or half an hour and you are requested to leave the pool 2 minutes before the end of your session
- Bookings are essential, no swimming is allowed without a booking
- Bookings can only be made for guests that have completed their pre check-in for all paying guests on their booking. Visitors to the park ARE NOT allowed to use the pool facilities.
NOTE: BOOKINGS ONLY OPEN UP 3 DAYS LEADING UP TO THE DAY OF SWIMMING
eg. if you want to book a Friday session you can book these on Tuesday
A What? A wood fire heated pool?
What does that mean?
After a day exploring in the Grampians National Park, there is nothing nicer to relax those muscles in a hot pool followed by a cuppa tea or glass of red, toasting marshmallows, sitting around your private campfire.
It will also entertain your children for hours creating forever lasting memories. After all, where else have you been able to swim in an outdoor heated pool, even in the heart of winter!
How it all came about
When we bought the park in March 2012 Rohan found the old “donkey engine’” in the amenities block. This boiler used used to heat the water for the showers. The old boiler was disconnected and basically just sitting there. Rohan is a very positive thinking men and always sees opportunities.
Voila…the birth of our wood fire heated outdoor pool.
We have since purchased a brand new pool, a new “donkey engine”, a super duper cover and roller (to keep the water extra toasty overnight) Rohan has re-fenced the surrounds and landscaped the pool area into a little oasis, because kangaroos and deer are unable to enter and use it as their favourite restaurant! We stoke the pool 365 days a year, day and night. A very labour intensive project and one of the reasons we are the only ones. But we love what we do and love where we live! Whilst we are here we might as well make it extra special for you!
Are you keen to try this for yourself? We invite you to make a booking and stay in one of our cabins or book a site for your caravan, tent or camper trailer!
A new pool!
On Christmas day 2018 we opened up our new pool which is located next to the "old" pool. The "new" pool brings some new features which were requested by a lot of our guests like a handrail to get easily in and out, a shallower baby wade pool and of course this one is still heated! The idea is that both pools will have a slightly different temperature so people that didn't like the hot pool will have an option to enjoy a swim as well.
Some house rules:
- Our pools are open from 10 am to dusk
- If the pools are still covered please come and see us in the office and we open the pools for you!
- No glass or alcohol in the pool area, but we have just installed a WIFI hub, attached to the pool area where you can do such things and still watch the kids!
- Only 1 pool is open during winter so we can keep the pool nice and toasty warm