Pool use requirements during COVID
- All adults (aged 18 and above) need to check-in at reception using the POOL QR code and show their full vaccination status each time they want to swim.
A What? A wood fire heated pool?
What does that mean?
After a day exploring in the Grampians National Park, there is nothing nicer to relax those muscles in a hot pool followed by a cuppa tea or glass of red, toasting marshmallows, sitting around your private campfire.
It will also entertain your children for hours, creating lasting memories. Where else have you been able to swim in an outdoor heated pool, in the heart of winter!
How it all came about
When we bought the park in March 2012 Rohan found the old "donkey engine'" in the amenities block. This boiler was used to heat the water for the showers. The old boiler was disconnected and basically just sitting there. Rohan is a very positive thinking man and always sees opportunities.
Voila…the birth of our wood fire heated outdoor pool.
We have since installed a second pool, a modern version of the old "donkey engine", and a super-duper cover. Rohan has re-fenced the surrounds and landscaped the pool area into a little oasis so kangaroos and deer are unable to intrude and use it as their favorite restaurant! We stoke the pool 365 days a year, day and night. A very labor-intensive project and one of the reasons we are the only ones. But we love what we do and love where we live and whilst we are here anyway we might as well make it extra special for you!
Are you keen to try this for yourself? Stay in one of our cabins, glamping options or book a site for your caravan, tent, or camper trailer!
A new pool!
On Christmas day 2018, we opened up our new pool next to the "old" pool. The "new" pool brings some new features requested by many of our guests like a handrail to make getting in and out that little bit easier and a shallower baby wade pool. Pools will be sitting at different temperatures, just pick your preference!
Some house rules:
- Our pools are open from 10 am to dusk.
- "Senior only" swim hours are offered in the standard season. Please check with reception for details.
- If the pools are still covered, please come and see us in the office, and we will open the pools for you!
- There is no glass or alcohol in the pool area, but we have just installed a WIFI hub attached to the pool area where you can do such things and still watch the kids!
- Only one pool is open during winter, so we can keep the pool nice and toasty warm.
- Only in-house guests and guests staying at our sister property Grampians Getaway are welcome to use the pools.
- Swim nappies* are to be worn by young children who are accident-prone. Better to be safe than sorry! *Available at reception.
- Little heads up: The pools can be very crowded during high and peak periods. Best to check with reception if certain times are quieter than others. Alternatively, head out to one of the local swimming spots; our friendly reception staff will be more than happy to guide you in the right direction. Alternatively, check out Grampians Rangers!
- Kids under 12 need to be supervised by an adult at all times.