Pool restrictions during COVID
- Visitors to the park are NOT allowed to use the pool
- All adults (aged 18 and above) wanting to swim need to check in using the POOL QR code at reception each day they want to swim. Under 18's don't need to prove vaccination status.
A What? A wood fire heated pool?
What does that mean?
After a day exploring in the Grampians National Park, there is nothing nicer to relax those muscles in a hot pool followed by a cuppa tea or glass of red, toasting marshmallows, sitting around your private campfire.
It will also entertain your children for hours creating forever lasting memories. After all, where else have you been able to swim in an outdoor heated pool, even in the heart of winter!
How it all came about
When we bought the park in March 2012 Rohan found the old “donkey engine’” in the amenities block. This boiler used used to heat the water for the showers. The old boiler was disconnected and basically just sitting there. Rohan is a very positive thinking men and always sees opportunities.
Voila…the birth of our wood fire heated outdoor pool.
We have since purchased a brand new pool, a new “donkey engine”, a super duper cover and roller (to keep the water extra toasty overnight) Rohan has re-fenced the surrounds and landscaped the pool area into a little oasis, because kangaroos and deer are unable to enter and use it as their favourite restaurant! We stoke the pool 365 days a year, day and night. A very labour intensive project and one of the reasons we are the only ones. But we love what we do and love where we live! Whilst we are here we might as well make it extra special for you!
Are you keen to try this for yourself? We invite you to make a booking and stay in one of our cabins or book a site for your caravan, tent or camper trailer!
A new pool!
On Christmas day 2018 we opened up our new pool which is located next to the "old" pool. The "new" pool brings some new features which were requested by a lot of our guests like a handrail to get easily in and out, a shallower baby wade pool and of course this one is still heated! The idea is that both pools will have a slightly different temperature so people that didn't like the hot pool will have an option to enjoy a swim as well.
Some house rules:
- Our pools are open from 10 am to dusk
- If the pools are still covered please come and see us in the office and we open the pools for you!
- No glass or alcohol in the pool area, but we have just installed a WIFI hub, attached to the pool area where you can do such things and still watch the kids!
- Only 1 pool is open during winter so we can keep the pool nice and toasty warm